Translate

Friday, November 16, 2012

Hello All!!!

I wanted to send out a Friday hello to everyone!!  I also thought I would show you what I've been working on.  I don't want to make this a sad post, but my dear friend, Paulie, was in hospice and did pass away on the 13th.  I have been so sad and weepy since I first saw him in hospice.  My solace is that he is no longer suffering.  Even though I will miss him.  

So, to keep my mind occupied, I've been working on snowmen.  I finished two more and managed to take some pix when we actually had a bit of sun.

I crocheted the hat and scarf for the first fella; the second one is "skating" on his own wee pond!!

I think they turned out rather cute.  I am working on a small one that I plan to make into an ornament.  I'm also working on an ELF.  I decided to follow my own idea to make him look more like my daughter's favorite Elf, Buddy.  I will post pix when I finish him!!  I keep getting different ideas, but must finish first things first!!!  I also have some gift giving items to make.  I will keep busy as I can!!!!

Here's the ornament fella.  I haven't even cut his legs out yet!!  LOL

On a much happier note - I have to commend all of the Ladies who recently participated in Meri's fun wreath-making party.  All of the wreaths are gorgeous and should be considered heirlooms to be!!  Meri has pix of them on her blog ImagiMeri's.  I think you will enjoy taking a peek.  It's good inspiration for me because I would love to make one myself.  I bought lots of goodies to make one last year, but never did.  So...maybe this year!!!!  *Smiles*  

Wishing everyone a great weekend.  I hope the weather is nice and the sun is out!  Oh, and one more thing ... I gave Johnny a bath today.  It's always interesting bathing a cat!  LOL  After my shower I had a bath!!!  But she smells good and cleaned up really nice!

Til next time ...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

8 comments:

  1. Sandie,
    So sorry about Paulie, I have been there and it is such a sad place to be. Your little snowmen are adorable!!!!! You are quite the crafter! Please know I am thinking about you in this difficult time....
    XO Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you lost your friend, and your cute snowmen lift our spirits as we see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh pretty lady, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for the shout out, it really was a fun time, and I'm ready to do it again.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Meri! Well, I was so impressed with the gorgeous wreaths everyone made under your direction. And such fantastic trimmings to begin with!!!!! Can't wait to see more pix!!!! XOXO

      Delete
  4. Stopping by to wish you a blessed Thanksgiving Day. There's a whole lot of cute going on here!
    On a more serious note, I am so sorry for the loss of your loved friend. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowman is so cute! Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always love to read them!!!